Friday, January 8, 2010

Anyone who has been to the Dermatologist ..?

I'm 18 and finally have gotten the courage to go to a dermatologist. My appointment is tomorrow and I'm so nervous! I was just wondering if anyone knew what I should expect?





As far as skin problems go, I'm looking to clear up my face of a few SMOOTH acne scars (really a discoloration), blackheads on my nose and to clear up the few zits I've been getting.





What do you think he would recommened as far as treatments go? And what should I expect when I walk in? (like him looking at my face and stuff).





I'm just SO nervous and afraid hes going to say he can't do anything for my face! I need someone to ease my fears LOL





If you had any experiences with a Dermotologist please share!





Thanks guys :]Anyone who has been to the Dermatologist ..?
ha ha wow. i just had mine like..the day before yesterday. i was the same way, nervous. but it wasn't much really. mine only took like 5 minutes? lol its not much. they just look at your face study it, ask some questions about like how long has this been going on, if u do any sports, or how u clean your face. things that have to do with how your blackheads, zits, pimples, started. then after that, they'll give you some medication stuff to use on your face. like a cleanser or lotion or even both. it really depends on whats the case of your face. my dermatologist ALSO recommended for me to have a treatment, all they would do in the treatment is like treat your pimples and take out blackheads and stuff. (and I've been to a spa where they take out your blackheads and stuff. it doesn't hurt what-so-ever) the stuff might be a bit pricey but most of the time its worth it! [: don't worry you'll be absolutely fine :DAnyone who has been to the Dermatologist ..?
I see a dermatologist every year for my annual skin check up. Just a few weeks ago I saw her and she suggested something to clear up my acne. Your dermatologist will probably give you a prescription for a topical treatment like Benzaclin and possibly an oral medication. I've been using these for about a week and I see a huge difference on my face. As far as what to expect when you go in, the nurse will ask you a few questions, like if you're on any medications, and if you have any concerns. Then you'll have to change into one of those paper robes. Your dermatologist will examine you from foot to head most likely, checking for any skin abnormalities.





Your dermatologist will definitely be able to help your face, so don't worry. It's nothing to worry about!





Have fun and don't be nervous! It'll all be fine. =]
Don't worry, you'll probably walk out happy. Dermatologists understand how much better your self-esteem is when you have good looking skin, and it's their chosen job to help you out. S/he'll look at your skin, ask some questions, and that's it! Easy peasy.
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment