Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I have a wart on my thumb, I've had a dermatologist burn it several times and it came back, I want to remove?

it surgically, how do I go about this? Where can I have this procedure done? My dermatologist always burns it, can he also do it surgically or do I have to go somewhere special? (I live in NY)I have a wart on my thumb, I've had a dermatologist burn it several times and it came back, I want to remove?
Try Carbolic acid (phenol). Apply carbolic acid by toothpick at the root of the wart.I have a wart on my thumb, I've had a dermatologist burn it several times and it came back, I want to remove?
Have him try freezing it. The burning isn't getting deep enough. You could also try fingernail clippers but if you do, be prepared to bleed.
Get Compound W.
This is a fairly long answer, but if you can


stick with it you may find some insight.





I once had a veritable plague of warts that


were spreading like wildfire in a few places.


My knee's and my hands most especially.


Warts are caused by a virus, this I do know.





In the mid 1970's I went to a dermatologist


who tried a very experimental treatment on


my wart problem.


He chose the biggest wart (it was on my thumb)


and took a syringe filled with novocaine and


injected it directly into the wart.





It was Novocaine, so after the initial sting of the


needle the entire area went numb and I felt


nothing more.





He injected a small amount, then withdrew the


needle and re-inserted at a different point on the


wart and injected a bit more.


He did this again and again all over the entire


surface of the wart until the syringe was empty.


It made a big ol' bloody (but entirely numb) mess


of the wart. It was bandaged well and allowed to


scab up and heal under the bandage.





He asked me to return in 10 days.


The most amazing thing happened.


Within 10 days ALL of my warts had disappeared!


I think I remember counting a total of 35 or so


between my knee's and my hands. And every


single one was gone without a trace.





He called it a miracle.





It was just an experimental treatment he had read


about in his medical journals at that time.


When I returned wartless, he told me further study


showed it was NOT going to be considered as an


effective treatment for warts because it only worked


on less than 10% of those it was administered to.


He couldn't even say WHY it was that this was


ever considered a treatment for warts. Or why it


was effective for some, but not for most.


I was simply one of the lucky ones.





He told me if this hadn't worked, the only other


way to treat warts at that time would have been


to burn each one off individually.


That would have been expensive and left me with


lots of scarring.


Upon reading your question, I realize that wart


treatment hasn't really advanced much in all


these years!





Perhaps you could be one of those lucky ones like


me. Talk to your dermatologist and see if he will be


willing to give this treatment a try.





If not there is another so-called ';treatment'; that


worked for my son and myself as well.





This next story may sound really silly to you.


And I will understand if you want to ignore it


completely. It is simply the strangest way of


getting rid of warts that I have ever hear of.





I am NOT a superstitious person.


Nor do I give any countenance to spells, magic


and things of that nature.


So this story is a bit strange for me to both admit


to and to recommend.





When my son was about 5 he began to get warts


on his knee's and hands very similar to those that


I had.


We were on a camping trip in Utah about 1979.


One of the old miner's in the area where my dad


was raised was at our campsite making friendly


chat one afternoon.


He saw the warts on my boy's hand and said that


he was a ';wart charmer'; and could rid him of the


nasty little critters.


My son's eyes grew big with wonder at this.





The man asked for ';a shiny new quarter';.


My dad just happened to have such a coin in his


pocket. (these days you would have to find an


old quarter to find one that is mostly silver. and


it would need to be cleaned with silver polish)





He took my boy's hand and gently rubbed the


shiny quarter all over one of his warts while


chanting some sort of gibberish.


We all smiled and winked at one another as this


was kind of cute and really had my boy enchanted.





But the darndest thing.


All my son's warts disappeared and have never


returned in 30 years!


Explain THAT one to me, because I can't.





And over the years I have had a few warts that


came back and tried to re-establish themselves.


Each time, I get a shiny new quarter and rub the


surface of the warts gently. I will continue to do


this to the new wart whenever I think about it


Several times a day for a week or so.


And each time the warts disappear for several


years.





Must have something to do with the silver content


in the metals used to mint quarters.


Although I imagine dollars or any other silver coin


would work.


But for the life of me, I can't explain why.





It's certainly a cheap an easy way to try and rid


yourself of those pesky unsightly warts.


And if it doesn't work you aren't any worse off.





Try the coins first.


If no improvement, ask a dermatologist about the


so-called novocaine treatment.





Both sound like strange ways to try and rid ones


self of warts...but hey, they can't hurt to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment