Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If I think I have toenail fungus, do I see a dermatologist, or a podiatrist?

There is a column in our local newspaper by a Dr. Gott. He reccomends Vicks Vapor Rub for treating nail fungus.Put it on your toes and wear your socks. It works!!If I think I have toenail fungus, do I see a dermatologist, or a podiatrist?
A podiatrist. Your Dr. might also tell you to rub Vick's vaporub on it before bed for a few months. It kills the fungus.If I think I have toenail fungus, do I see a dermatologist, or a podiatrist?
I would say it is better to see a podiatrist since thy specialize in your feet and really have see more ailments in peoples feet then a dermatologist does. A dermatologist just specializes in skin conditions. But a podiatrist sees all sorts of foot ailments that a dermatologist may not have seen before.
spray it with lysol.
Podiatrist would be ideal if you can. A regular family doctor can help you too. My doc said 1/4 c of bleach in 1 gallon of water, soak for 3 days a week for 10 minutes for 1 year...OR take a pill for a year that could give me liver failure or something like that.
Your primary care doctor can give you an antibiotic..if he can't help he'll probably send you a foot doctor.
podiatrist





My mom had that on her big toe the doctor took off the nail and then she applied meds to it and it was gone.
podiatrist. they deal with anything about the foot. dermatologist could probably help but if something is wrong with your toenail, he would just refer you to a podiatrist
SERIOUSLY....pee on your foot in the shower. but dont forget to wash after. Do that a couple times a week and itll be gone b4 you know it. serious, the acidity kills the fungus omungus

1 comment:

  1. you need a podiatristt.. if you have a toenail fungus you can try zeta clear.. dont worry it has no side effects.

    yellowing of the toenails

    ReplyDelete