Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Is my dermatologist an idiot?

I read that you are supposed to take accutane for 6 months...but he only let me take it for 5!!!


By the way...i had really bad acne..so that's no excuse.Is my dermatologist an idiot?
no by the way your dematologist was fine giving you only a 5 month treatment. i will tell you why both of my children went on the program and my daughter was on for 6 months and my son was on a 5 month program. I thought this was weird at first but I proceeded to ask him why and he explained to me that you don't neccesarly have to be on a full 6 month it all has to do with the way it is prescribed , My son started off in the same amount as my daughter but after the first month they both had different doses . My sons dose was much stronger. I'm sure he knows exactly what he's doing because anyone knows that there are alot of side affects for this medicine/Both of my children have gorgeous skin now. I hope this helps you out.Is my dermatologist an idiot?
Well, if your acne actually cleared up after 5 that's a good thing. But you'll most likely need ANOTHER treatment if you've only had it once. Trust me, I had really horrible acne when i was younger too. I went through 3 treatments of accutane and that stuff with f*** you up!!!
Perhaps he was thinking (in a rush) that after five months if it hasn't worked why keep you on it. Call him back and say


why was this only given for five months instead of the general 6 months (he may have logical proof from a patient).


You have an established relationship (so give them a buzz) and MD's make human errors -
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment