Sunday, April 25, 2010

My boyfriend just had a raised blue dot cut out of his skin by a dermatologist. what could it be?

the spot was perfectly round, but a blueish-gray color. neither of us had ever seen anything like it before. it's being sent for biopsy.My boyfriend just had a raised blue dot cut out of his skin by a dermatologist. what could it be?
Could be cancer, or not. Waiting for biopsy results isn't easy. It IS more reliable than speculation from someone who's never seen your boyfriend's spot.My boyfriend just had a raised blue dot cut out of his skin by a dermatologist. what could it be?
I guess you will have to wait for the results, thats why they are sending it in.
Its probably just a blue mole, benign, nothing to work about. Is it possible he was stabbed by a pen or pencil at some point in time and forgot about it? If so, it could be somewhat of a tattoo. Also, was it completely removed or can you still see some of the blue there? Was it bothering him?(itchy, dry, scaly?)The dermatologist should contact you with results and what needs to be done about it. Results should be back within a week if you are really concerned.
I concur with #4 answerere. It probably was just a mole. Since it is odd in color, though not totally uncommon, they remove it an biopsy it to make sure. I had one on my arm. Drove me nuts for years. Finally when I had my thyroid surgery done, I asked them to remove it. Came back fine. It was just ugly as heck. It is typically the black or ones that change color. Mine was from me picking at a scab over and over again in my teen years. It eventually grew into a mole that was gross.
Who knows? The dermatologist would have told you if he could have made a reasonable guess. But it's gone now, anyway and if there was anything dubious the dermatologist will probably tell you and you can certainly ask him once he's got the lab report.
  • philosophy
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment