Saturday, December 26, 2009

I have acne, what should i do? is there pills from Dermatologist i can take?

i've tried almost everything and still not helping. i am wondering if there's a pills that i can get from Dermatologist that i can take dailey? Thanks in advance.I have acne, what should i do? is there pills from Dermatologist i can take?
have u tryed lemon juice and honey?I have acne, what should i do? is there pills from Dermatologist i can take?
Sometimes they perscribe birth control to reduce acne.





Here's some more information I found:


http://www.pinkfridge.com/hab_acne/pills鈥?/a>





You might want to go and talk to your derm. and ask what would be the best treatment for you and tell him/her that you would like to take a pill daily to reduce it - and they should work with you.
You should make an appointment with a dermatologist. They have many differents treatments for the type of acne you have. They have creams , pills and some washes with medicine in it to help.
Proactive is the best thing we have tried. All 3 of my children have severe acne as do I and this is the best. I've taken just or used everything that's on the market...even tried prescriptions from a dermatologist. Nothing has ever worked as well as this. Try it and then if it doesn't work, visit a dermatologist. The visit with the dermatologist will be much more expensive than the 1 months worth of proactive solution. When we ordered it, they had a promotional going that gave us a month free to try. Maybe that is still going on. Do a google search for Proactive to see. I hope this helps. Good luck!!
I had problems with acne for about 9 years and tried everything, including antibiotics and various prescription creams, gels and even facials from my dermatologist. Finally, about a year ago, I tried Proactiv. I was a skeptic, but it really worked. My skin started to clear up after about a month, even more so after 3 months and after 6 months, I realized that I hadn't had a pimple in a while. Now my face is totally clear and I might get one small pimple every once in a while, but it's so minor, I don't even care. I didn't think anything would ever work for me, but it really did. I use it exactly as prescribed. I also use the Neutrogena at-home microdermabrasion kit a few times a week. This helps get rid of dry/dead skin cells, which keeps your pores from clogging.
Hi, I know reading giant paragraphs suck so here are some things you can do in list form!





-Do not have tons of sugar in your diet


-Try not to touch your face with your fingers


-Exercise


-Wash your face no more than twice a day with a mild to strong soap. use soap that is made for severe acne.


-After you wash apply a blemish spot treatment (clearsil ultra works the best) to the affected areas


-For big pimples, ice will reduce the swelling


-a dab of tooth paste will also reduce the size of pimples over night


-Eye medication will take redness our of big pimples for a little bit.
My step son has really bad acne, and the dermatologist has given him accutane and it has really helped. He has to take it everyday, and for a specified amount of time. This is suppose to dry up the oil glands in the face, and that helps cut down on the acne. So go talk to your dermatologist and see what they have to say. They also have a topical gel that works great that's called Clindagel. Good Luck!!
Your doctor can prescribe birth control pills, antibiotics, or Accutane for you. My derm put me on birth control and that really helped clear up my skin. I tried antibiotics first and they did nothing for me, but everyone's different and they may work for you.





Accutane is a very powerful drug and it dries out your skin quite a bit. My friend took it for awhile and actually became depressed while on it. I know there have been reports of similar incidents from people while on Accutane before, but then again, there are lots of people who take it with no side effects. I believe it's only prescribed as a last resort for those with really serious acne.





Regardless of the method you choose, I'd recommend washing your face once a day with a glycolic cleanser, such as Serious Skin Care's version. This will help clear your pores but won't dry out your skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment