Saturday, December 26, 2009

My dermatologist put me on Retina, i took accutane and have not had any problems sense but its like i have ?

acne underneith my skin if you no what im sayin but will Retina A help get rid of this or just make my face red?





Thanks My dermatologist put me on Retina, i took accutane and have not had any problems sense but its like i have ?
I took Retin-A before Accutane. It is basically the same drug as Accutane.





The drug name for Retin-A is tretinoin and for Accutane is isotretinoin. The term ';iso'; means ';in'; which essentially means that Accutane is the consumable form of Retin-A.





I did not have much redness or irritation from Retin-A; it worked really well for me. If your skin is sensitive, you may get some irritation, but if you've used Accutane, something tells me that your skin is used to harsh products.





If that's what your dermatologist prescribed, I would stick it out and see how it works. If you don't see results from the topical medication, you might want to try an oral antibiotic that works from the inside out.





Good luck! :]My dermatologist put me on Retina, i took accutane and have not had any problems sense but its like i have ?
I took Accutane last year and it made my acne go away also. My dermatologist told me that the acne can come back (usually 3-6 months after getting off the medication) and other products can be used to make it go away again. To me it sounds like your acne might be returning, and Retin-A works very well to treat acne. When I used it, it made my skin exfoliate very quickly causing the pimples to get worse at first but then go away completely. If you use too much it could make your face red, so start out with a small amount and gradually work your way up if your skin allows it. Good luck!
it will make your face red.. it treats the stuff on the surface, not underneath...


go on Minocycline. (sp?) that's what i take and i don't have anything under my skin anymore :)
That doesn't sound like any fun. I use tea tree oil to get rid of my acne.

No comments:

Post a Comment