Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have bad acne, but we can't afford those expensive products or a dermatologist!?

My acne isn't cystic acne, it's mostly red and inflammed. But it does sometimes cause pain. I really need tips to help me get rid of all this! I ask my mother if she can take me to a dermatologist but she just says ';No, it's just a phase, you'll grow out of it, and besides, we can't afford it!'; We also cannot afford products like proactive or murad. My skin is pretty sensative also. Please help! All your help is greatly appreciated!I have bad acne, but we can't afford those expensive products or a dermatologist!?
I have very sensitive acne-prone skin. Take this from someone who has tried EVERYTHING (proactive, acne free, clean and clear kits), the best grocery store product I have used is Neutrogena's Oil-Free Acne Stress wash and scrub. It really gets deep down in the pores to heal your skin and keep the oil out and has green tea to soothe and reduce any redness.





Use the scrub 1-2 times a week in the shower when the heat opens up your pores and the wash 2 times every day. I use Clean %26amp; Clear's Dual Action Moisturizer after and then a spot treatment prescription called Retin-A from, but I hear Clean and Clear makes a good spot treatment too. I blot any oil off my face throughout the day with Clean %26amp; Clear's Oil Absorbing Sheets. Those can be kind of expensive but you can even blot with tissues if you find your face getting really oily. I think all of these products are between $3 and $7.





No matter what you use, wash your hands before ever touching your face even if you are putting a product on it, and lay off the coverup makeup as much as possible (I only use a tinted moisturizer and powder for my face)...these are little things but will really help you in getting cleared up.





Taking care of your skin professionally CAN be extremely expensive but maybe try explaining to your mom why you think it could be a worthwhile investment. I have friends in their mid-20s who are still suffering from Acne...a pretty long annoying ';phase'; if you ask me. Why not invest a little money now and just get it taken care of? In the long run it will probably save you money from trying everything at the grocery store.





I'm a poor college student but I have kick-butt insurance so the dermatologist isn't all the expensive. In fact, I get a chemical peel twice a month that is completely covered by my insurance because it's written up as surgery. Celebrities love these to keep their skin healthy and flawless and can cost up to $150 a treatment but mine is free. I swear by it and it may be worth looking into.





Also maybe consider going on Accutane. It too can be expensive but using it for just a couple months can get rid of your acne for life. My acne has never been severe enough for my Dr. to prescribe it (even though I've begged and pleaded), but three of my siblings used it in high school and it was nothing short of miraculous for them.





Good luck! Remember that the majority of people have struggled with acne and it freaking sucks but there's a lot of ways to fight it.I have bad acne, but we can't afford those expensive products or a dermatologist!?
1. Search the internet for home remedies. There are so many you'll def. find something that'll help you out. (like toothpaste, masks, etc.)


2. I think Clinique is a great brand for the skin. Their products can be pretty expensive though. But I use their face/body soap which is $12 and their Emergency Acne Solutions which is $13. Even if you don't want to use Clinique. I suggest you buy a soap meant to treat acne. (available at drugstores) %26amp; then a specific intense spot treatment to directly put on the pimples. (At least, if you don't wish to buy a kit)


3. There are also many drugstore acne kits that work well. I would suggest Neutrogena's Acne Solutions. Its maybe 20 dollars? If your mom won't buy it for you, I suggest you make some money for it. It's not incredibly hard to earn $20 dollars. I think Proactive is around the same amount as well.





--- Hope I Helped!!
i use the cheapest sensitive baby wipes, i was unfortunate enought to get spots in my late thirties, so i started to remove my make up after lunch time then after moisturizing i would reapply my make up, when i got home from work at 6pm i would remove my make up and on alternate nights use masks... first night was a vitE mask then a clay/mud mask on the second night. I would rest on the third just applyin lots of moisturizer after about two week i saw a difference in the texture of my skin.


Good Luck x
first things first, never get proactive!!


once you do the full treatment, you have to use it for the rest of your life





my friend has really bad acne too, and she uses clean and clear. her acne is like yours and it is almost gone. Its really cheap and you can buy it at any drug store. rite aid, cvs, walmart, etc
My older sister had the exact same problem as you. She tried ProActive and it didn't work for her! Instead she started using this product that they sell at WalMart. It's called Acne Free and costs around $23 for the set. It works great and my sisters results have been amazing. I too use it and my skin is completely clear. Try it and i hope it works for you too!
try clean and clear foaming facial cleanser. It strips your face of bacteria, so acne doesn't get worse, but it wont get rid of the pimples. Also try oxy, i know people who use it, and they like it.
same here just try simple little things like putting toothpaste or shaving cream on ur zits before u go to bed or try putting lemon juice on your faceat nite then after u apply the lemonjuice put on babypowder just simple things like that





best of luck-medina
clean and clear is the best.


i used the persa gel.


its a small bottle.


but its powerful.


its kinda like a mask.


but you just put it on the areas that need it the most.
proactive really isn't expensive at all!


The whole system is only $20. That's actually cheap!


You also will get many special offers with it.


So, I'd get proactive.
try honey it works or salt


drink some herbs or but wash your face with them it works


or drink homemade juice like from apples or carrots :D
sell your computer and use that money to buy face stuff
Proactiv and Murad don't work anyway they shred your skin with their ';gentle exfoliaters'; and thus cause more breakouts, that's why you can get it directly sent to your house every month, it's a scam. I never had insurance when my acne was at its worst and I survived on over the counter creams and face washes. You have to find something that is both moisturizing and effective in cleaning the dirt and excess oil off your face at the same time. AND you have to give a product at least 3 months to see if it will work for you...I learned that after I got married and could afford a skin doctor. Even after going to a dermatologist she suggested that I use Noxzema deep pore cleanser (which is medicated with Triclosan, an anti-bacterial ingredient. comes in a tube with an orange cap) I wash with that 2 times a day and then apply a light moisturizer ( I liked Neutrogena oil free moisturizer with spf 15) then I would spot treat each pimple with a benzoyl peroxide cream of no more than 5%. Some stores sell it at 10% strength, but it is extremely drying and thus in turn causes breakouts. Make SURE you are using a moisturizer with a sunblock everyday, I swear it helps. You can also use a toner or astrigent if your skin is extra oily, I use Burt's Bees garden tomato toner or simple witch hazel astringent. All of these products are less than 7 bucks and you can purchase them at Target, Wal-Mart etc. I know it is frustrating and it can make you feel embaressed and singled out, but after I turned 20 It started clearing up by itself little by little. I am 23 now and I see a dermatologist once a year to keep up the progress and to get screened for skin cancer. hang in there.
There's two things you need to deal with acne: clear pores and moisturized skin





You can sort the pores out with an exfoliating scrub, here's what I use and it works better than any store-bought stuff: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php鈥?/a>





To moisturize you don't need anything fancy, I use vitamin E oil. Go out and get yourself a cheap, store brand moisturizer and a bottle of vitamin E oil (health food stores will help you out with that) and mix a teaspoon or two of the oi into the moisturizer. I find it easier to put them both in a jar to mix it up, it's ridiculously hard to get it into bottles





So here's my little routine:


In the morning exfoliate with bicarb soda mixture and them moisturize with the vit E/moisturizer solution


At night exfoliate again and put a little of the pure vit E oil on problem areas


My skin's clear enough that I don't even bother with foundation :)





ps. olive oil and salt make a fantastic shower scrub
I can tell you you, you're going to laugh when you read this. But it's honestly the best acne product ever. Desitin Creamy Baby Diaper Rash Lotion. (Okay laugh it up). I've been using it for about 2 months now. And my skin has never looked better. I've been struggling with acne since 4th grade %26amp; I'm now a junior in high school. My acne is finally clearing up since I've been using this stuff. I actually used this stuff as a joke for my mom. She said it would be funny if that was my miracle acne clearer, and what do you know, it was. Now I also have a habit of picking zits. So if I wake up with a pretty big zit because I forgot to take off my make-up or ate something that makes me breakout, I pop it. Desitin has really helped clear up any scarring from picking. Most scarring clears up within a week or two. Now the Desitin will instantly take out some redness from the acne over night. So if you get the red zits like me, you'll love this. I've been using this stuff for about a month or two now, and my face hasn't been clearer in years. Desitin keeps your face dry, but still moisturized. However, I do have to use Neutrogena Shine Control Blotting Sheets if I'm out in public so I won't have a shiny face. But to use this correctly, use it basically as a spot treatment. Put it on at night on each spot and rub it in. If you're face feels a little oily or greasy from it, just take a towel and blot your face so it's dry. When you wake up in the morning, same thing. So morning %26amp; night, and voila! This seriously was my miracle stuff so hopefully it can help you.





ps: some extra tips to reduce acne breakouts. Some foods, especially carbs can cause breakouts. So maybe try eating less of those. Drinking lots of water keeps you hydrated and keeps your skin cleaner. And don't forget to take off any make-up before you sleep. Clean your pillowcases at least once every week or every other week. Lots of dead skin and dirt on your pillow. And if you have bangs, try pinning them back at night so that any oil on your hair won't rub on your face. Hope this helps!
i had acne but not mega bad but anyways there are some virgin vie products that i used in my early teen they wernt even specially 4 acne but i went to one of those parties for virgin v and showed the lady my skin and she said to use these and they just seemed to clear up. was great.cant remember how long it took but put it this way i only brught 1 lot so must have worked using that.





if this fails see ur doc. they can perscribe stuff.





wash face morning and night with this stuff i know it may be a bit expensive stuff but it may just work. try it anyways.





there called:





1. Vitamin c face wash (its orange) go to to virgin vie website its 40% off now. 拢6.00 this is now.





2.Vitamin c toner (its clear with orange bits to exfoliate) its 拢4.50 now with the sale.





other stuff you could get:





3. vitamin c skin polisher 拢6.60. i think the vitamin c stuff will help that might be what it was that helped me.





all the best.





let me no how it goes ok.





p.s i have no scars or anything now as i did not fuss with the acne when i had it. dont get me wrong i get the odd spot now at certain times of the month but no acne! 5 years woo yoo!!!!!!





put me as ur best answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment