Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have SEVERE acne i have been to the dermatologist many times and have been given several medications?

i have scars all over and my face is not clearing up!! i have had this problem since i was twelve and im twenty and it seems to be getting worse. i have changed my eating style and i have used proactive, acne free, benzaclin, retin-a, clenia, and other things and an oral medication. is there anything else that i could use to clear up my acne and help clear up some of my scarsI have SEVERE acne i have been to the dermatologist many times and have been given several medications?
Like you, I had acne at a very young age (it started at age 11), and I felt like I had tried EVERYTHING! Finally, I tried accutane (as a last resort!). Have you heard of it? It is serious stuff! Your dermatologist will recommend blood tests and birth control if you aren sexually active; but it is soooo worth it! It got my acne under control, to the point where I can use drug store acne meds to keep clear. This medication is typically a last resort, because there are side effects; but if you have tried everything else, then I would ask your derm. about accutane. Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment