Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Can anyone give me some feedback on a prescription? My dermatologist prescribed it, it's called Differin?

I used it before. It didn't really work for me, but everyone's skin type is different so give it a try. It did not dry out my skin, which was nice.Can anyone give me some feedback on a prescription? My dermatologist prescribed it, it's called Differin?
Adapalene. Usually works quite well as an anti-comedogenic agent.





Given if antibiotics fail to treat your acne





Vitamin A derivative, may cause you to get sun sensitivity so avoid the sun, or put on sunblock.





If this fails, you'll probably move on to oral vitamin A (ro-accutane/isotretinoin), and you cannot get pregnant when you take that!


Can anyone give me some feedback on a prescription? My dermatologist prescribed it, it's called Differin?
Differin is a trade name for a medication for acne vulgaris made by Galderma Laboratories. Its active ingredient is adapalene.





Differin works by modulating skin cell differentiation and growth and therefore regulating oil production and reducing acne over a long period of time. It has both exfoliating and anti-inflammatory effects. Studies show it is most effective on noninflammatory acne.





This drug will give much better results if a benzoyl peroxide wash is used morning and night and benzoyl peroxide lotion is applied in the a.m only along with the differin used in the p.m.[citation needed] However, unlike Retin-A, adapalene has also been shown to retain its efficacy when applied at the same time as benzoyl peroxide due to its more stable chemical structure.

No comments:

Post a Comment