Wednesday, December 30, 2009

What happens at a dermatologist examination?

anyone know?What happens at a dermatologist examination?
I just went..


I had on shorts so I didn't undress..


But normally I think you would be undressed with a gown on


and the Doctor just checks any freckles and moles to make sure they are normal..pretty simple


No xrays..


Pretty painlessWhat happens at a dermatologist examination?
it's pretty simple, i used to see a dermatologist regularly. she would just come in. look at my face under one of those medical lights. feel my skin with her hands. then ask me a few questions and prescribe some medicine. it only took a couple minutes.
When you go to the dermatologist they usually have you put on a gown or shorts. The doctor will look at all of your skin for anything suspicious (sometimes in your scalp too) There's nothing scary about having this exam done. They usually won't look at your privates unless if you have a concern. If the dermatologist finds anything that looks suspicious they will usually remove it and have it sent to a lab to make sure it isn't skin cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment