Saturday, December 26, 2009

If a dermatologist prescribed me birth control to clear my face...?

would i have to go to a Gyno?


or would they just write me a prescription If a dermatologist prescribed me birth control to clear my face...?
I didn't have to when they put me on it when I was young for acne. You don't have to start going unless you have side effects you're concerned about or unless you're 18. If a dermatologist prescribed me birth control to clear my face...?
Prescription. You might have to talk to a gyno over the phone later just so they can tell you the efficient way to use it. Thats all that happened to me, and they are the ones who called.
They could write it for you.


Technically, any doctor can perscribe any perscription.


If that is a usual, common, or accepted thing to do (perscribing BC to clear acne), then no I don't see why you would have to go to the other Doctor, but you should go there anyways. And, your mom will probably want to take you there anyways if your on BC, you know, just so she knows whats happening.
I don't know that dermatologists can write prescriptions for birth control pills. He would probably refer you to a general practitioner to do that. Birth control doesn't always make your face clear up though. Mine makes it worse.
They'd just write you a prescription. Birth control has ALOT of bad side effects, so be absolutely sure you are okay with taking it.
any kind of doctor can write any prescription
When I had a dermatologist prescribe me birth control to help with acne (which it did) I didn't have to go to the gyno. Unless you're 18, sexually active, or begin experiencing bad side effects, then you usually don't have to go to the gyno. They'll probably suggest that you go, but it won't be a requirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment