Thursday, December 17, 2009

My dermatologist always tells me getting a tan doesn't help acne, is that true?

I dont think it. Every time I tan my acne clears up wonderfully. I heard it was illegal for tanning bed companies to say that UV light is an effective treatment for acne, but it really is! It always works for me. I know it's not the best for my skin, but it works.


Does anyone else find this true?My dermatologist always tells me getting a tan doesn't help acne, is that true?
I find it true as well. The sun and UV lights dry your skin out, as well as some products you can buy. I personally would rather buy the products that putting my face into the suns exposure too much.My dermatologist always tells me getting a tan doesn't help acne, is that true?
It does help out for a little while, however, your skin is becoming dependent on the sun. The chemicals located in the UV rays are also provoking more oils to produce in your skin. Once you stop it will be a tough ride back down.


Not to mention, tanning beds are just no good in general, if you get skin cancer on your face, acne will be the least of your worries.
Yes, I have found this true. However, the negative effects of tanning make it hard to justify.





Your skin only needs 10 minutes daily of direct natural light to be its healthiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment