Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What is the best thing to use on large pores to make them smaller from a dermatologist?

the dermatologist will have masques or toners that are used to clear out pores and keep them clear.What is the best thing to use on large pores to make them smaller from a dermatologist?
Neutrogena pore reducing products work really well and you will see results in a matter of days. I would try those, unless you have a real need to see a dermatologist. The unfortunate thing is that most dermatological prescription drugs are not covered by insurance and can be very expensive.What is the best thing to use on large pores to make them smaller from a dermatologist?
There is no magic way of making your pores smaller. Your pores are the size the are. It is possible you are noting open comedones, which can treated with typical acne rxs. Concerning large pores, studies have been done on various topical medications/toners/masks and have had dissapointing results. If you would like an improved texture/coloring/and less noticable pores your could try topical retinoids (retin-A and Tazorac) or superficial chemical peels. You can try some OTC exfollients, but overuse of these can actually damage the pore openings and cause them to enlarge. 1-2 times a week is adeqaute. exfolliation is not an everyday things.
It seems like you should ask a dermatologist for this answer....
They are what they are. Certain astringents or makeup can temporarily make them look smaller, but that's all.
Oil of Olay makes a mask that is pore refining....I use it at least 2 times a week. I have large pores as well especially on my nose and this is the only product that I have found to make a true difference. Its not very expensive and goes a long way too. Hope this helps you.
I'm not a dermatologist, but I am a licensed cosmetologist and I do deal with skin in the salon. I like this product by avon called anew clinical advanced retexturizing peel. (see here: http://shop.avon.com/shop/product.asp?sr鈥?/a> ) I have super sensitive skin, and I have a hard time finding anything that won't agitate my skin, but this doesn't! It will sting a little, but that goes away in about 20 seconds. Your skin will feel so good afterward.





Also, ask your dermatologist or an esthetician at your local salon or spa if they would consider you a candidate for microdermabrasion. It works wonders to diminish fine lines and wrinkles, even out skin tone, and it even helps with acne, blackheads, and whiteheads. In my salon, we use the anew retexturizing peel on all our microdermabrasion clients.





I hope this helps, and good luck!
I had microdermabrasion and photorejuvenation performed for my facial skin inperfections. It was great = not only reduced the size of my pores - but also eliminated the sun damage and the redness in my face. I strongly recommend these treatments for all people who have skin imperfections. I used a medical doctor who specializes in Skin rejuvenation.

No comments:

Post a Comment