Monday, December 14, 2009

My dermatologist prescribed me Erythromycin ?

I have cystic acne.. very mild.. my face looks clear with some scars but when you touch it its a little bumpy ..i forgot to ask my dermatologist but he prescribed me erythromycin to take for 3 months and said my face will be clear and smooth .... my question is will the cystic acne be gone for good with this med or will i have to continue taking it?My dermatologist prescribed me Erythromycin ?
A three month prescription? No, he is not curing your acne, he is just making it less noticeable. Tetracycline has results that will come to you quicker, and will last longer, ask him/her about it next time you see your doctor, but this will aggravate your intestinal tract over a long period of usage, as anti-biotics are always dangerous for the intestines even the mild ones... Anyway, hope I helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment